Investigation Ordered Into Sports Minister’s Travel and Fiji Sports Council CEO
FIJI NEWS


Prime Minister Sitiveni Rabuka has announced that an independent investigation will be conducted into allegations relating to the January 2025 travel of Minister for Youth and Sports Jese Saukuru, which was sponsored by the Fiji Sports Council.
In a statement issued yesterday, Rabuka said he met with Saukuru on 20 February 2026 to inform him of the decision to commission the investigation.
The inquiry will also examine allegations of abuse of funds involving the Chief Executive Officer of the Fiji Sports Council, Ratu Gilbert Vakalalabure.
Rabuka said the investigation aims to establish the facts surrounding the allegations and ensure transparency and accountability.
The Prime Minister confirmed that Saukuru has given his assurance that he will not interfere with the investigation in any way.
Meanwhile, PM Rabuka has authorised Saukuru’s previously scheduled six-day tour of the Yasawa Group, which is set to begin on Sunday, 22 February.
Further updates are expected to be provided as the investigation progresses.